Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hobbies

We bought a new video game for the Xbox. I thought I'd hate it and that only the three men in my house would play but I love it! It's Rock Band and I'm the drummer :) Something about it I really enjoy.

I want to paint with watercolors again but I'm so tired all the time. I need to just sit down and try it, preferably when I'm alone in the house. I hate trying something new or a new technique and have other people watch and comment. I know there's nothing negative that would be said, but it's just the way I am.

The other thing I want to do is cross stitch on the diagonal. My dad did a picture of a siamese cat on the diagonal years and years ago. Of course my mom doesn't have it anymore or the pattern, so I'm going to have to figure it out from scratch. Hopefully my boyfriend will be immersed in his hobbies so I can find more time for mine. He expects me to sit and talk when he's home. Ok, it's the routine we've both developed but sometimes it drives me nuts. Sometimes I just want to read, and I tell him that and try to read. But then he just keeps talking to me anyway. I end up putting the book down.

2 comments:

Mental Health Blog Research Group said...

A few months ago, you received an invitation from us to participate in a study about mental health and blogging habits as part of a research project conducted by Professor Yifeng Hu in the Communication Studies department at The College of New Jersey. We are still seeking mental health blog authors to complete our study and would appreciate your participation!

We want to know more about your blogging behavior and your perception towards blogging. Participating in the study might help you better understand your attitude towards blogging and your blogging behavior. The study will likely have practical implications in improving mental health services.

Your data will be stored in the principal investigator’s computer with identifiers removed. In fact, we do not collect participants’ identifications. The only information that may link the participant to his/her data is the email address that the participant chooses to provide in order to obtain the gift card. But this information is strictly used for incentives. Once obtained, we will separate the email address from the data.

We appreciate your time and help with our study and as a thank you for participating you will receive a $10 Amazon.com gift card. If you are interested, please respond to mhblog@tcnj.edu and be sure to include a link to the home page of your blog as well as your preferred contact email address. The survey will be sent to you via email within the next few days. Thank you in advance for your participation! Please feel free to contact Professor Hu if you have any questions. Her phone number is 609-771-2373.

nicki said...

Robin,
I understand your need for solitude. I too have a husband who would talk and/or cuddle all the time if I let him. A book that helped me a lot was "The Introvert Advantage". It is not about bipolar but it is about people who find that time alone reenergizes them. Once I gave myself permission to be alone and shun people, I felt a bit better. I even have to tell my husband to stop talking sometimes. You can figure out what you have to do for yourself, but believe me, if you figure out some of the things that help, it will help your bipolar as well. In my case, I can honestly say, that too much time with people literally makes me sick.
Nicki
Nickisbipals.blogspot.com