Friday, June 8, 2007

Down Down Down.....and tired

I've been in a Down this week, I think. Definately tired from working so much overtime. I felt like I just couldn't be bothered to make the barest of human contact. I just wanted to sleep or lie down or not function at all. One thing I was looking forward to was my boys growing up and moving out so I could just let myself go on the days I want to. Not the best idea, I know. At least with the boys or S I feel like I have to maintain some modicum of decency.

All day at work I felt like I was swimming in molasses with brief patches of honey. It was hard to move all day and especially hard to move quickly. I took advantage of every honey moment and moved as fast as possible, but really, I'm exhausted simply from existing today.

I did get a raise today :) An extra $1.10 an hour, which is excellent for my industry. My boss also said I can expect more at my review in September. I admit I didn't negotiate very well, but this was the very first time ever I'd even asked for more money from any employer. I wouldn't even raise my rates when I ran a dayhome. Overall I'm very proud of myself. And tired.

1 comment:

~Ivy said...

Good for you on the raise!!! Congrats!

I've been feeling like what you described.. It feels like everything is moving in slow motion too and i'm incapable of speeding it up no matter how much i want to..