Monday, June 25, 2007

I think I'm Up a bit....

I have been soooooo sick lately :( Ok, it's only a head cold, but I rarely get sick at all and I've been just hammered by this virus. About once every five years I get super-sick and wonder if it's my body storing up all the viruses I could have had and slams me with them all at once. Anyway, I finally feel almost human again.

I don't even know what my moods have been lately because it was terribly stressful seeing my sister (as much as I love her, it's still hard to look at her and know she's dying) then I got this icky head cold. So now I don't feel the need to sleep all the time and I think I'm around Normal. Maybe a bit Up.

But Up only because I told S that I didn't want to get married right away. He told his mom to expect a wedding in the next year or so and even though we'd talked about the possibility of getting married, I guess I hadn't fully decided on it yet. I really didn't like feeling pressured into a decision (now that his mom thinks we are getting married I get to field all those awful wedding questions). I told S that this is why I didn't want to discuss marriage until a proposal had happened. After all, this is how I got married the first time, we'd talked about it but never really set a date until family overwhelmed us with questions about when it was going to happen. I do not want to be standing there in a dress at a ceremony wondering exactly when did I decide to get married. I mean, why not just live together for a while? I definately feel better and not so pressured to please everyone else.

2 comments:

gen said...

waiting isn't a bad thing...nor is telling your partner that you want to wait. i hope that he respects your decision and isn't giving you a hard time over it.

Me said...

Thank you - he does mostly respect it although has abondonment issues and thinks I'm "leaving my options open". Oh well. His issues are his to deal with, not mine I suppose.