Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A bit Up...and hobbies

I think I may be climbing back Up just a bit. I found one significant reason I was in a longish down - I had absolutely no time at all to myself. S had two weeks off work and I had one week and we spent every moment together. I am not the kind of person who can recharge around others. I need time completely to myself to do as I choose. Even with kids I've always managed to get that time in for myself. Now I'm in a relationship with a man who likes to spend every bit of time together. Problem is, I can't just have time alone by shopping or seeing a movie or driving. It needs to be in my house. So I have to learn to take advantage of every opportunity to be the only one home.

It's been on my mind a lot that I don't really have any hobbies. Both of my sisters have hobbies (beading, jewelry making, photography, rocks and minerals, clothing design), my guy S has hobbies (computer games, tabletop miniature games, writing) and I don't. I like to read. And I like to watch people and listen to peole talk about their lives. I feel like I should be interested in something.....but I have no idea what. This is why I didn't go to schoo past grade 12, I had no idea what interested me and I didn't want to spend money on random classes.

I know the bipolar part of me doesn't have the energy or stamina to have a hobby, but I do feel like I would like to fill the non-working hours with something other than S. You know?

No comments: