Saturday, July 28, 2007

Change in medication

I've changed my medication to 750mg one night and 900mg the next night. My doctor had suggested this some time ago because at the time I felt that 900mg/day made me feel like a zombie. I can't remember that feeling any more and wonder if it really happened.

My motivation for the change was the burst of anger with other people's children. I felt like if I'd had a gun I'd've caused quite a bit of damage in a crowd. So I had to admit that I don't have control over being bipolar and that my medication wasn't enough. So now we'll see. I don't have regular psychiatrist or psychologist appointments and I'm shopping for a new doctor (mine is just never available and is closing her walk-in clinic).

It's hard to admit that I don't have any control over being bipolar. I thought I was managing it well. Time to get out of the Land of Denial.

No comments: