Friday, November 2, 2007

Book Review - The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I just finished this book and was amazed at how good it was! I don't normally read romance or love story stuff but this had such a twist that it held my attention throughout. You see, Henry meets Clare when he is 28 and she is 20, but she has known him since she was 6! He travels through time purely against his will and ends up seeing Clare throughout her childhood. But when they meet in real time for the first time he has no idea who she is. The story jumps from time period to time period, location to location, but is very easy to follow and intriguing to see the story develop. To watch the love grow between these two people is endearing without being too mushy or sappy. I was even angry at the author for certain parts near the end, but that's part of what makes a good book to me.

This book followed me before I read it as well. I was in Chapters waiting for S to finish in the SciFi section when I saw this book lying on a table. I opened it and read the first several pages before we had to go. The story line caught my attention, but I kept thinking "time travel, seriously?" and didn't look for the book again. Then I flipped open a magazine and the book review was this book! Ok, then I thought about the plot line again and wondered if the author could make it interesting without being too 'out there'. So I thought it was high time to read it and see for myself. Excellent book, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if it would be okay if I added you to our Members (blogroll) list? I look forward to hearing from you.

Catherine said...

This is one of my favorite books! Glad to hear that others like it too.