Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Travel

I was talking to a co-worker today who mentioned travelling after retirement. I told her I have no desire to see the world any more than I already have (really, that's not much). I find the idea of travel to be a hassle, packing everything, closing the house for the duration, getting to the destination, trying to enjoy everything with the panic that it'll be over soon. None of that sounds like fun to me. I can maybe see why some people would want a more worldly view, but bottom line, if I never travelled from this point on I don't think I'd feel like I missed much. I didn't like the sneering attitude from the worker though. Like it's wrong to not travel, wrong to want to work and wrong to be content where I am.

1 comment:

JC said...

I share your views on traveling. There aren't many of us!