Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Normal and hurt

Again I feel very normal today. It does amaze me a bit that the lithium could work at such a low dosage (750 mg/day) and as the first try at medication. I wonder if it will last......

Funny thing about lithium is I don't seem to be able to hold onto frustration or anger for very long. I can't even get really irritated about things. It's very weird to me.

I had a surprisingly good day considering it started with me discovering my car had been broken into overnight. Nothing was stolen or broken, just rifled through. It did make me feel a bit violated knowing that someone had been searching through my stuff. Overall I am just happy no one was hurt and the car doesn't need any repairs.

Then at work I burned my arm. I work in a production plant that is a bakery and I was standing beside a kettle. The kettle is big enough for an adult to bathe in and has a lid that doesn't fit tightly. The kettle burped at me and shot a load of pressurized steam on my arm. The burn itself is about three inches across between my elbow and wrist. Wow, does it hurt a lot. I did go to the doctor to document it just in case there is a problem later, but I don't think there will be. It may scar though, as it is mostly a second degree burn. Ow.

No comments: