Sunday, April 22, 2007

Nicely on the Up side of normal

I thought I was on my way down last night. For some reason I was just not on top of things. My mood was mostly irritable and that snarky feeling of a Down coming. But today I've definately improved. I was even shopping for some stuff in Wal-Mart and decided to try on some clothes. Although I have been feeling fat lately....not so much 'feeling' as 'actually' fat I suppose....so the idea of trying something on caught me by surprise. Mostly I feel like I've accepted this as my shape so there's no point in moaning about it. I know how to dress to suit my figure and I try not to get too concerned over the size of clothing, instead I go for proper fit. This isn't possible on a Down. I feel like nothing fits and that I'm hugely fat and unattractive on a Down.

So maybe I've bounced a bit and can stay on the Up side of normal. I'd like that :)

One thing that did irritate me was S telling me he hopes I'm on an Up when we visit his family in May. Like I can control these things. I know he meant well, and I know that he loves me no matter what. But still, I don't need to hear things like that. Now I feel pressured to either stay Up or force a Down to move the cycle so I can be on an Up when we go. I do see his point, it will be more fun for me (ok, and for everyone else) if I'm in a good mood.

I've just started my fundraising for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer. I have no idea if I'll be able to walk it again like I did last year. This year I will have to monitor my water intake much more closely. And my water output. I think that will be the most difficult thing - dealing with having to pee so damn much.

No comments: