Thursday, April 26, 2007

Possibly a bit Down

I think I'm starting to fall Down a bit. I still feel normal but I'm not happy. Maybe a little sad. I was happy at work when I would visit with people, but mostly I just felt a bit Down.

It may be because of S and his computer game. My exhusband used to play them all the time and close out the world around him. Most of the games S has played don't need his full attention, so it's been ok. But he's back on a game he used to play and has completely shut me out when he's on the computer. He even has headphones for this game so he can talk to the other players. I didn't like it on Tues but didn't know why so I just kept telling myself to get over the discomfort - after all, he's found a hobby. Then yesterday I felt really uncomfortable, like and intruder in my own house. I ended up going outside to clean the yard to get away from the feeling. He followed me out after a short while and waited for me to acknowledge him, then went back in and helped my younger son with his homework. But what bothered me was when I came home from work, S was all grabby and amorous (which I didn't mind). And as soon as I was busy doing laundry....he went back to play his game. So I feel shut out when he plays it around me, and I feel like his game is making him amorous and not me. Because he wasn't in the mood for anything after the game. All right, that could have been me, I was a bit grumpy when he was done playing. So I came up with the solution that if he wants to play his game and I'm home, I'll just have to find something to do in another room or go out somewhere.

This does seem a bit ridiculous though, why would I feel this way about a computer game? I know part of it is because not only does he shut me and the world out when he plays, but he seems to expect me to be in the same room as him while he's playing it. I will have to talk to S about all of this and see if there is a good solution for it.

2 comments:

~Ivy said...

I would certainly try talking to him about it. You shouldnt feel like you do in your own home. Maybe he just needs to know how you feel. And dont feel bad for feeling like you do..

Me said...

Thank you - I did :) It still amazes me that I have a man in my life that is actually open to talking about stuff. I still need to clarify some issues though...hopefully tonight :)